..Unleash The Wild Cat Within..
Hey, you! Come join us!!

Welcome to WildWarriors!
Please click register to join, or sign in if you already have an account.
If you're new here, please fill out your character form listed under 'Join Here'. Please, do not forget to read the rules!

If you have any issues, or concerns, please contact one of the Admins, or Moderators
Hey, you! Come join us!!

Welcome to WildWarriors!
Please click register to join, or sign in if you already have an account.
If you're new here, please fill out your character form listed under 'Join Here'. Please, do not forget to read the rules!

If you have any issues, or concerns, please contact one of the Admins, or Moderators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two Clans, One Forest. Its A Fight For Survival. Which Paths Are You Going To Take?

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whispers (SHADOW READ THIS!)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Whispers (SHADOW READ THIS!) Empty
PostSubject: Whispers (SHADOW READ THIS!)   Whispers (SHADOW READ THIS!) EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 3:16 pm

So here it is! I am currently writing chapter 1. If you want to be in it, post here.
@Poison, Mouse and Golden. . . . You will appear in either chapter 1 or chapter 2. Probably chapter 2.

Prologue

The night was black. There were no stars in the midnight sky, and clouds obscured the moon from view. Muffled whispers and footsteps could barely be heard, and even the wolves were silent tonight. One might’ve called it peaceful, even inspirational. But that one wouldn’t know the ways of the forest.
Shadow peered out between the branches of a young maple. Few were around, but still, staying undetected was crucial for his mission. He had prepared for many months for this moment, the one moment when the Dream would be left unprotected. When the Dream would be simply the Idea. The Idea that could change everything.
But first he must find it. He must slink through the shadows; making no sound, making no movement. He must be perfect.
A light glimmered in the distance, and hope glimmered in Shadow’s heart. It was flickering yellow like a lantern, several yards away. Approaching would be difficult, but it could be done, one step at a time.
Shadow crept forward cautiously. It was only a few feet away—six inches—a centimeter from his fingertips—it was gone. Swearing underneath his breath, Shadow knew not to give up. It couldn’t have gone far. It wasn’t the sort of Idea that spread like wildfire.
So he began searching again. And again and again, it was just in reach, he could almost touch it, when it would whisk away. So close, yet so far. And so the night continued, and the Idea’s lamp-like light faded so that Shadow could barely make it out among the sun-dappled trees.
It was nearly midafternoon when he finally caught it. It was soft, and hard to hang onto, only as heavy in his hands as a feather. It spilled out of his fingers slightly, dripping onto the forest floor. Shadow was forced to cup both hands around the strange object to keep it secure, and even then, he was not sure how easily it could escape. But he had it, at least for now. He had it, and the mission was complete.
Back to top Go down
WolfStar
Moderators
Moderators
WolfStar

Character sheet
Health Bar:
Whispers (SHADOW READ THIS!) Left_bar_bleue100/100Whispers (SHADOW READ THIS!) Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Whispers (SHADOW READ THIS!)   Whispers (SHADOW READ THIS!) EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 10:18 pm

I like it. :3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whispers (SHADOW READ THIS!)   Whispers (SHADOW READ THIS!) EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 2:30 am

Awesome Bristle! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Admin
Shadow

Character sheet
Health Bar:
Whispers (SHADOW READ THIS!) Left_bar_bleue98/100Whispers (SHADOW READ THIS!) Empty_bar_bleue  (98/100)

PostSubject: Re: Whispers (SHADOW READ THIS!)   Whispers (SHADOW READ THIS!) EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 4:17 pm

EPIC!! *Eats popcorn* MORE, MORE!!! :3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whispers (SHADOW READ THIS!)   Whispers (SHADOW READ THIS!) EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 4:00 pm

Thanks! ^.^

It was raining outside. Frost looked at the dirty snow as the water pelted down on it, gradually turning it to slush in a few minutes. The sound of rain hitting the roof and sliding into the gutter echoed through the house, leaving the Omnia—an old parrot and young dog—nervous and alert to the smallest sound.
Soon the rain ceased—and the hail began. Chunks of ice thudded against the car, the roof, the driveway. They started out only as big as peanuts, but quickly grew to the size of golf balls, and then baseballs. Going outside would certainly be dangerous in this weather.
Frost beckoned at the parrot Omnia, whispering its name softly. “Blazing Sky. . . . Blaze, come here.”
Blazing Sky gave Frost a long, tired look before ruffling her feathers and spreading her wings, landing lightly on Frost’s shoulder. The puppy, Black-Myst, started at the motion and stared fervently at her master’s daughter, debating whether or not to join her. After a few minutes, she sighed, pawed subconsciously at her bedding, and settled down for who knew how many hours of rest.
Frost smiled with relief and opened the door, stepping out into the freezing weather. She ran for the weak shelter of trees, ducking against the fierce wind that fought to drive her back. She reached it in minutes that dragged by like hours. “Finally,” Frost gasped.
The trees were the only place where Frost could train in peace. She was just barely twelve, old enough for powers but too young to know how to control them. Concentrating as hard as she could, Frost forced herself to form a perfectly detailed vision of what her first Omnia must be: A cat, pale gray with emerald green eyes are a scarlet scar slashed across her pretty face. Long, curved claws were unsheathed on her paws, giving her an even more frightening appearance. But this cat was not what she seemed. At least, that’s what Frost hoped for.
Flickering in front of her eyes, a blurry outline of the cat appeared. It grew steadily clearer, shifting as quickly as a river, always changing but never switching courses. There was a sizzling sound, and the yowl of a cat, and then it was gone.
Frost swore loudly. So close! Her Omnia was almost here! Almost alive! Almost there! Shouting at the heavens, Frost eventually rested against the bark of a pine tree and slid down to rest upon the snow.
There was another screech, another hiss; Blazing Sky squawked angrily and took off, showering a rainbow of feathers onto the ground. Then the cat was there, her scar glistening red, her fur the color of clouds. Frost gazed at her creation. Her first Omnia. Wow.
The cat sniffed at her master, looking up at Frost expectantly. When Frost said nothing, the cat looked rather annoying, but spoke. She had a strange accent, and had trouble pronouncing the L and H sounds.
“I’m named ‘ilver,” she notified Frost. “But my friendsss, they call me Tiger Face. I ‘ee no need to explain why.”
Her friends? thought Frost, confused. But wasn’t Silver new to life? Hadn’t she been fictional until today?
Silver frowned. “I am yoursss. . . . I ‘ave been, ‘ince you were born. But my kind age fatter than your kind. I ‘uppose you could ‘ay I am five year ahead of you.” She looked up at the sky. The hail had ceased. “Let go back to your housse. . . . I will explain.”
Back to top Go down
WolfStar
Moderators
Moderators
WolfStar

Character sheet
Health Bar:
Whispers (SHADOW READ THIS!) Left_bar_bleue100/100Whispers (SHADOW READ THIS!) Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Whispers (SHADOW READ THIS!)   Whispers (SHADOW READ THIS!) EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 9:21 pm

Awesome! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whispers (SHADOW READ THIS!)   Whispers (SHADOW READ THIS!) Empty

Back to top Go down

Whispers (SHADOW READ THIS!)
Page 1 of 1